LOCS Board of Education meeting on June 3, 2020
The regularly scheduled Lake Orion Community Schools Board of Education meetings will be conducted temporarily in a remote format for the trustees and LOCS administration.
The public will be able to view it on the ONTV livestream at https://orionontv.org/live-stream/.
The Board will hold a meeting on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Comments for public participation can be emailed to email@example.com prior to 4 p.m. on June 3, 2020 and will be read publicly during the meeting.
This is a meeting of the Board for the purpose of conducting school district business and is not to be considered a public community meeting.
Though it will be held remotely in a virtual setting, the same public participation standards apply.
- When addressing the Board (in the email):
- Identify yourself by name and address
- Indicate if you represent a group
- An individual's time is limited to five minutes (in this case, the written equivalent,) but may be modified by the president.
- Individuals addressing the Board should take into consideration the rules of common courtesy. The public participation portion of the meeting cannot be used to make personal attacks against a school board member or school district employee which are totally unrelated to the manner in which the member or employee performs his or her duties. If the comments constitute a complaint against an employee, the employee must be notified in advance and has the right to request a closed meeting.
- The Board is not obligated to answer questions or make comments in response to issues raised. In general, such issues will be referred to the Superintendent.
- The Board reserves the right to establish additional rules or procedures that it deems appropriate. Such rules or procedures will be announced at the opening of a Board meeting or prior to the discussion of a specific agenda item.