The media center is excited to reveal the titles for this year's Battle of the Books competition, which will occur during school at Scripps on February 7th. The titles for this year's competition are:
- The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani (Historical Fiction)
- Forget Me Not by Ellie Terry (Realistic Fiction)
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (Fantasy)
- I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (Science Fiction)
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier (Graphic Novel)
- Thunder Dog by Michael Hingson (Nonfiction)
There will be an informational meeting in the media center during STAR on Friday, October 18th for interested students.
Students may purchase book sets from Ms. Lowe for $50. Checks should be made payable to LOCS with Battle of the Books in the memo section. Books are sold on a first come, first served basis and payment is needed to reserve a set. if book sets sell out, there is no guaranteeing the same set price.