Welcome to Lake Orion Community Schools!
We look forward to meeting you!
Lake Orion Community Schools consists of six elementary schools, three middle school schools, one primary high school, one alternative high school, a Special Education center, as well as preschool and childcare programs.
Your neighborhood school is determined by your address.
Enrollment begins with our online registration via PowerSchool Enrollment.
Families residing within the LOCS district may enroll their K-12 student(s) at any time throughout the year for the 2019-20 school year. The first day of school is Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019, a full day for high school students and a half day for middle and elementary school students.
- Online Enrollment
- Original, certified birth certificate
- Current Immunization Records
- Two (2) Proofs of Residency
- Homeowners: Mortgage statement, Property Tax statement, current utility bill, Closing documents, Homeowner’s Insurance, water or sewer bill
- Renters: Current Lease with name, address & signatures, current utility bill, Renter’s insurance
- Living with a Resident: must complete a Shared Household Affidavit – signed and notarized by resident and parent/guardian of student(s) AND resident’s 2 proofs of residency (see accepted documents above).
- Parent identification (driver’s license, passport)
- Divorce/Custody papers (if applicable)
- Name and Address of previous school
- Student’s transcript, recent report card or withdrawal grades from previous school
- SPECIAL EDUCATION STUDENTS: copy of most recent IEP and MET from previous school
- 504 documentation (if applicable)
- DEVELOPMENTAL KINDERGARTEN and KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS: Health Appraisal, vision screening and if applicable, an age waiver
On-site directions: Park behind the CERC building and enter through the main entrance, door #10, at the north side of the building. Access to the parking lot is only off of Scripps Rd.
- Legal name change (court document or birth certificate required for student)
- Immunization Waivers:
- Non-medical: Go through the health department to obtain a certified waiver.
- Medical: Contact your child's physician
- Address change - Address Change form and residency proof required
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Student Education Liaison
- Foster Care Liaison
Tours are Available!
Call or email to schedule a tour by contacting your neighborhood school directly. School building contact information can be found by clicking on the specific building link below. Tours are not available during summer break. Offices will reopen mid-August.