New Student Enrollment
Enrollment registration can be completed online via PowerSchool Enrollment. Upload all required residency and student information to complete your child's enrollment during the document upload section within the online enrollment portal. Required items may be uploaded via scanned documents from your computer, cell phone, or tablet. You may also take a clear digital photo from your cell phone and upload the image. Please use a well-lit area, uncluttered background, image is flat to the surface, no camera shadows and do not reduce the size/quality of the image.
Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a child. The guardian must present a court-appointed Guardianship Order and the placement plan AT THE TIME OF ENROLLMENT.
Please have the following required documents in digital form before you start the New Student Enrollment.
- Original, certified birth certificate. Certified translation required if not in English.
- Parent Identification (driver’s license, passport or Military ID).
- Two (2) current and complete proofs of residency. The proof of residency must show the property/service address, parent name, current date and company name. Please include the entire bill.
- Established Resident: Mortgage statement, property tax statement, current utility bill, homeowner’s insurance policy (Declarations Page), trash service, cable/internet bill, water or sewer bill.
- New Resident: Closing Documents: property transfer affidavit and homeowner's insurance policy (Declarations Page).
- Renters: Current Lease (you and your child's name must be on the Lease Agreement) with date, name, address and signatures, current utility bill or renter’s insurance.
- Living with a Resident: Resident must supply photo ID, two (2) current proofs of residency (see above) and complete a Shared Household Residency Affidavit - signed and notarized by resident and parent/guardian of student(s).
- Purchase Agreement: You may provide a Purchase Agreement as a temporary proof of residency to schedule your student in school. Final proofs of enrollment must be supplied within 30 days of closing.
- Current Immunization Record. Michigan Law requires all children to have ALL required immunizations or a valid waiver (dated in the current calendar year) from the Health Department on file PRIOR TO STARTING SCHOOL.
- Student's transcript (grades 9-12), behavior report (grades 6-12), and recent report card (grades K-8) from previous school.
- Name, address, fax and phone number of previous school will be required within the online enrollment portal.
- DEVELOPMENTAL KINDERGARTEN and KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS ONLY: Age Waiver - Required for students turning 5 years old between Sept. 2 and Dec. 1. Health Appraisal and Vision Screening: If not available during the online enrollment portal, please provide before/by the 1st day of school.
- Divorce/Custody documents
- SPECIAL EDUCATION STUDENTS: Copy of most recent IEP and MET from previous school
- 504 documentation
CONSTRUCTION NOTICE (until Jan 2023): Please enter the Community Education Resource Center via Stadium Drive, park in north parking lot and enter thru security at door #10.
To contact Central Enrollment:
- Call 248-814-0215
- Email Alison.Doane@lok12.org
- Fax 248-693-5317 - temporarily disabled, sorry for the inconvenience.
- DropBox: Community Education Resource Center - 455 E. Scripps Rd., Lake Orion, Southwest corner of the Staff parking lot under the West Door Entrance sign. Do not drop off originals.