International student program
Do you have room in your heart and your home to host an international student? An international student’s host family is one of the most important aspects of studying abroad.
Student Management Group (SMG United States) has partnered with Lake Orion Community Schools and is currently recruiting host families for F1 international students arriving in August 2023.
SMG works hard to guarantee a good match between the students and the families with regular check-ins and reports. Create new experiences for your entire family that will last a lifetime!
To get started today, please contact:
Michele Novak, International Student Program Coordinator
Lake Orion Community Schools
248-693-5640 or 248-431-3098
- Complete a host family application
- Pass a background check
- Schedule a home visit
A host family:
- Is enthusiastic to share their culture and embrace the student into their home
- Provides a furnished room with a bed (student can share a bedroom)
- Provides regular meals
- Is an English-speaking home
- Host family receives a $400 a month stipend to offset the cost of hosting
An International student:
- Between 15–18 years old
- From various countries around the world
- Can share a bedroom
- Come with own spending money and insurance
For more information on SMG, Student Management Group, please visit: