Points of Pride
- state of the art educational facility with advanced technologies in all classrooms.
- awarded schools to watch school
- has a highly qualified teaching staff that is committed to pursuing professional development and continuing education.
- has award-winning enrichment opportunities including: Lego Robotics, and Community Outreach DC² and various clubs
- sports at opportunities at every level
- advanced course opportunities available for qualifying students at every grade level.
- offers High School level mathematics courses for qualifying students.
- has an active student council and leadership team(WEB).
- offers after school enrichment programs for sixth through eighth grades.
- has a very supportive community parent group organization (PTO) that always puts students first.
- teaches Common Sense Digital Citizenship in all sixth through eight grade classes.
- has a dedicated science room to facilitate inquiry based learning experiences that support the Next Generation Science Standards.
- offers students online learning opportunities before, during and after school (Computers)
- offers various language courses.
- offers stem opportunities for all learners
2018 Michigan Art Education Association Young at Art Recipients
LOCS Mid-Winter Break Feb. 17-18