Lake Orion Community Schools will offer a virtual learning option for all students interested in learning in a virtual setting. The Dragon Virtual program will also begin September 8, 2020. Families may choose the virtual program -- for a semester (Sept.-Jan.) or full year -- during the registration period for any reason.
- Lake Orion Community Schools teachers will facilitate all content, including specials, which are aligned with current LOCS district standards and adjusted curriculum maps.
- For enrollment purposes, students will stay assigned to their traditional (neighborhood) elementary school.
- Students will be able to participate in any activities hosted at their assigned traditional (neighborhood) school.
Registration is now closed.
Contact Email: DragonVirtual@lok12.org
Elementary students can choose to follow the sample schedule for a more structured day to be part of a live classroom community or students can create their own schedule utilizing the recorded mini-lessons and activities. Teachers will establish due dates for assignments and assessments for all virtual students that must be adhered to.
Virtual learning during the 2020-21 school year will have far more rigorous requirements and more robust academic instruction than the stopgap measures put in place during the COVID-19 crisis last spring.
- There will be no live-teaching from the teacher during independent work.
- Students may be asked to come to school for formal assessments, including M-STEP, material pick-up, and/or book swap. Safe accommodations will be made for Dragon Virtual students.
- Lake Orion Community Schools’ teachers will create and instruct all content, including specials, which are aligned with current LOCS District standards and curriculum maps.
- Students will continue to stay assigned to their traditional (neighborhood) elementary school for enrollment purposes.
- Students will be able to participate in any events/activities hosted at their assigned traditional (neighborhood) school.