Closed October 2
Contact Email: DragonVirtual@lok12.org
- Dragon Virtual students will take courses that are aligned with Lake Orion Community Schools curriculum standards through the Edgenuity learning platform and will remain on track to graduate in their target year.
- There will be no set daily schedule for students to "attend" live classes with a teacher. Students will have the flexibility to create their own daily schedule. Learning will be asynchronous. (All independent, no structured online class time, one hour a week teacher office hours. All other contact to be arranged between student and teacher mentor).
- LOCS teachers will monitor student progress, communicate with Dragon Virtual students, and be available for support.
- Progress will be self-paced and flexible.
- Dragon Virtual students will be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs.
- Students and parents will have access to PowerSchool to track progress and grades.
- Graduating LOHS students enrolled in Dragon Virtual will be graduates of Lake Orion High School.
- Students who enroll in Dragon Virtual or enroll in virtual courses through Learning Options High School will be required to complete at least one full term (November 9-January 22).
- Dragon Virtual students may be asked to complete formal assessments in-person or proctored online.