Registration is now closed.
Contact Email: DragonVirtual@lok12.org
Lake Orion Community Schools plans to offer a virtual learning option for all students interested in learning in a virtual setting, due to COIVD-19. The Dragon Virtual program will also begin September 8, 2020. Families may choose the virtual program -- for a semester or full year -- for any reason.
- Lake Orion Community Schools teachers will instruct core courses.
- Depending upon enrollment, some electives will be taught by LOCS teachers, while others may be taught by an out-of-district Michigan certified teacher.
- All courses will include curriculum that is aligned with current LOCS standards and curriculum maps.
- Students will maintain their assigned neighborhood secondary school.
- Students who enroll in the Dragon Virtual will be required to complete at least one full semester.
- Dragon Virtual students will follow the same academic curriculum guides as our in-person learning classrooms; therefore, students who elect to return to in-person instruction will have a smooth transition.
- Dragon Virtual students may be asked to complete formal assessments in person or proctored online.
- Students will be able to participate in sports or activities at their assigned neighborhood school.
Dragon Virtual students will need to be very self-directed and advocates for their own learning. LOCS staff will be available for assistance and guidance throughout their virtual learning experience.
The sample schedule provides an example of how a virtual student might choose to complete their coursework successfully.
Notes: A virtual student is not tied to a specific daily/hourly schedule. In many cases, a virtual student will have control over when coursework is completed, however, due dates for assignments and assessments will be set by the teacher and adhered to. Also, some direct virtual instruction may be scheduled by the teacher of the course.
- The schedule requires most students to engage independently with their daily online/virtual work in each course for approximately 90 minutes for block classes, Monday – Friday.
- Dragon Virtual students will be required to meet periodically with each of their teachers in a virtual meeting through Microsoft Teams, as determined by the teacher.
- Office hours will be made available each day to all Dragon Virtual students should one-on-one assistance be necessary.