The Middle School Guided Activities Program (a.k.a GAP) gives students something to look forward to after their long day at school. Students will have a lot of fun with their friends who share their common interests.
These activities take place at various times throughout the school year. School announcements, the GAP bulletin board and the website will feature activity start dates and permission slips.
As the current school funding continues to be a challenge, the district must focus their resources in the classrooms. However, due to our strong belief in the value of afterschool activities, we need to continue provide opportunities with an alternative funding source to sustain the program. Those changes are listed below.
* Rather than a flat for all clubs each club will have an individual fee to cover the cost of the supervisor as well as a supply fee, if needed.
* There will be a minimum number of students required in order for the club to run. Parents and/or students will be notified through email prior to the club start day if the club minimum has been met.
* ALL clubs will have a fee even if they are academic or service club.
*Permission slips are to be given to the Coordinator by the due date listed on the permission slip.
- Scripps Polar Dragons
- Homework Club - Session 2
- Art Club - Session 2
- Deutsch Klub (German Club) - Session 2
- Gamer's Club
- LO Middle School Bowling Team
What: You need to be prepared for whatever winter weather may occur. Runs WILL NOT BE CANCELLED, unless conditions are dangerous (examples would include air temp/wind chill below zero or large amounts of falling snow or large amounts of ice on the ground). Runners must be prepared every day with the following equipment:hat and gloves , sweatpants or wind pants, sweatshirt, jacket, fleece or other long sleeved and warm top, short sleeve or long sleeve t-shirt , extra socks and extra running shoes (dry ones for after running). If these items can’t fit in your school locker, materials can be stored in Mrs. Stalions’ classroom (214) on PDRC days.
Why: LOTS OF REASONS!
*Improve individual fitness
*Get a head start on conditioning for track season!
*Get outside in the fresh air after school and away from your TV, video game system, tablets, computers and cell phones
*Build snowpeople and do some sledding (when there is good snow)!