Lake Orion Community Schools' unique Parent University program provides parents an opportunity to participate in their child's education.
The program offers many different topics and the 2019-20 school year will feature 17 unique sessions, each targeted to a different level (elementary, middle school, high school.)
The 2019-20 schedule is also listed on the right side of this page to be downloaded as a calendar.
- Vaping presentation
- Early Literacy Make and Take
- Experience the New Science Standards
- Technology and Your Child
- Is my student on the right math track?
- What science courses should my high school student take?
- Angst movie tip sheet
- Angst movie screenings
- College Prep
- PSAT Presentation
- PSAT Quick Facts
- Coping Skills and Conflict Management for elementary students
- Make and Take for Early Literacy (Grades: K-1)
- Growth Mindset and Making Sense of the “New Math” presentation (2-5)
- Building Early Literacy through Play - Have you ever asked, “What is my child learning? He plays all day!” (Pre-K and pre-school)
- Supporting your Child through Series Books (2-3)
- Fact Fluency: Number Sense and its importance in Mathematics (K-5)
- Cyber Safety (K-5)
- Parent University: Ed Camp (K-8)
- Dater’s Ed featuring guest speaker Lisa Jander (6-12)
- Is My Child on the Right Math Track? (4-11)
The Detroit Free Press dove into the program's recent history and its growing impact in in September 2017, with a front-page story and a list of reading tips.