Credit Forward Program Information
Credit Forward courses are for students who would like to earn additional credit during the summer.
THE PEARSON CONNEXUS PROGRAM
1. Self‐Directed: Students move at the pace appropriate for their learning, repeating difficult lessons as needed and skipping those that are not needed based on pre‐testing.
2. LOHS Teacher Mentor: The Mentor teacher will provide academic support during specified day and time (to be communicated to students on the first day of class.)
3. Flexibility: Students can complete the program anywhere there is access to the internet so students can work on their course off‐site at any time with the exception of the final exam.
• Upon starting their course, students will be given an expected date of course completion. Student progress will be monitored throughout the course. If student progress significantly varies from the expected completion date, parents will be notified.
• As these programs are self‐paced, students may finish the course earlier than expected.
• If the course is not completed in the allotted number of days, the student will earn a failing grade.
All final exams and assessments will be taken online.
The Pearson Connexus Course List includes core and elective courses available in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. Health/Wellness Electives, World Language and SAT Prep courses are also available.
Students will need their district-provided laptop. If you are in need of a laptop, contact program coordinator Michelle Cureton (Michelle.Cureton@lok12.org).
Students will be expected to fill out a laptop agreement form when checking out a laptop for summer use.
The cost is $300 per course/class per summer session (0.5 credit hours per summer session). LOHS students will need to pay the fee. Please contact the Summer School Coordinator regarding payment. If your family needs financial assistance, please contact program coordinator Michelle Cureton (Michelle.Cureton@lok12.org).
Please pay online:
The cut off for enrollment is June 17, 2022, there will be one session: June 20-August 15, 2022 and all classes must be completed within the session time frame, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Students are not officially enrolled in requested class until payment is received, if payment is required.
• Students engaging in behavior prohibited by the LOHS student handbook and LOCS district policies will be dropped. NO REFUND will be provided.
• Students can enroll in a MAXIMUM of two Credit Forward courses per summer session.
• Students will receive additional information as to location and dates for final exams.
Program coordinator Michelle Cureton (Michelle.Cureton@lok12.org) can be reached via email.