Credit Recovery Program Information
Credit Recovery courses are for students who did not pass a course the first time or who are behind in credits and are not on track to graduate on time.
THE EDGENUITY PROGRAM
1. Self‐Directed: Students move at the pace appropriate for their learning, repeating difficult lessons as needed and skipping those that are not needed based on pre‐testing.
2. LOHS Teacher Mentor: Each student is provided with a highly qualified LOHS teacher mentor. The mentor helps to keep the student on track and monitors student progress through the completion of the course. Teacher mentors will communicate with students through LOHS email. The mentor teacher does not provide direct instruction or tutoring.
3. Flexibility: Students can complete the program anywhere there is access to the internet so students can work on their course off‐site at any time with the exception of the final exam.
4. Diagnostic Driven: Students begin each unit of their courses by taking a formative assessment. This determines what knowledge the student already has and automatically directs the student to the section of the course they still need to master.
• Upon starting their course, students will be given an expected date of course completion. Student progress will be monitored throughout the course. If student progress significantly varies from the expected completion date, parents will be notified.
• As these programs are self‐paced, students may finish the course earlier than expected.
• Students must take their final exam in person during the scheduled lab times.
• If the course is not completed in the allotted number of days, the student will earn a failing grade.
All final exams must be taken at Lake Orion High School during the allotted lab times.
The Edgenuity Course List includes core and elective courses available in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. Health/Wellness Electives, World Language and SAT Prep courses are also available.
If needed, students will be able to reserve a district laptop to use for their summer learning.
For the June 22 summer session, laptop pick up will be on Friday, June 19, 2020 at LOHS or the CERC (an email will be sent with location). For the July 20 session, laptop pick up will be July 17 at LOHS or the CERC (an email will be sent with location.)
Students will be expected to fill out a laptop agreement form when checking out a laptop for summer use.
The cost is $300 per course/class per summer session (0.5 credit hours per summer session.) If your family needs financial assistance, please contact Michelle Cureton at email@example.com.
Please pay online:
• Complete the Enrollment Form and Online Learning Contract.
• The cut off for enrollment is June 22, 2020, there will be two sessions: June 22-July 17, 2020 and July 20-August 14, 2020 and all classes must be completed within the session time frame, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Students are not officially enrolled in requested class until payment is received.
• Students engaging in behavior prohibited by the LOHS student handbook and LOCS district policies will be dropped. NO REFUND will be provided.
• Students can enroll in a MAXIMUM of two Credit Forward courses per summer session.
• Students will receive additional information as to location and dates for final exams.